Compliantia takes the security of your data and the reliability of the service very seriously. Here are some of the security and reliability measures we take:
Firewalls and IP blockersEvery Compliantia server is protected by a firewall and IP blocker that monitor traffic on multiple protocols and ports.
Encryption in transitAll information travelling between your computer, tablet or smartphone and Compliantia servers is protected from eavesdroppers with 256-bit SSL encryption. The lock icon in your browser indicates that you aren't on a phishing site impersonating Compliantia and that your data is secure in transit. All data travelling to and from your device is encrypted, always.
Encryption in storagePasswords are encrypted in our database using one-way encryption. This means no one at Compliantia knows your password. If you can't remember it, you need to change it.
Physical securityThe Compliantia servers are located at Rackspace state-of-the-art datacentres in San Antonio, Texas. The servers holding and managing your data are protected with biometric access controls, constant surveillance, redundant power feeds and generators, robust fire suppression, and carefully monitored climate control.
BackupsCompliantia data is backed-up daily to multiple secured locations on at least two different networks, in two different states, to ensure that, even in the event of a natural disaster, your data can be quickly restored.
RedundancyCompliantia is redundantly load-balanced to ensure availability under load and quick response times.
MonitoringCompliantia servers are constantly monitored for uptime using a third-party global monitoring service.
Our storyIn 2004, our founder began working with a Quick Service Restaurant chain, with over 3,000 locations, to automate the company's paper-based retail audit process. This experience proved to be the inspiration for Compliantia: a real-time, configurable and secure web and mobile platform for retail operations, specifically designed for multi-unit retailers. Compliantia was founded in 2009. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Betterdot Systems Inc., established in 1999. Today Compliantia is used by national and regional multi-unit retailers across the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.
- Paper and Excel checklists are time-consuming, error-prone, and deprive the organization of the real-time analytics it needs to make informed decisions.
- Running a retail business is hard enough. Operational, merchandising and loss-prevention compliance should be easy, fast, but powerful enough to satisfy your reporting needs.
- You should be able to create and manage your own forms, users and stores using intuitive web-based tools.
- The application should be completely configurable and adapt to your exact needs and workflow.
- Your data deserves to be safe, secure, and always accessible.
- You should have access to your service anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Compliantia manifestoOur mission is to deliver a simple and powerful service that helps you manage your retail business. We pledge that our service will:
- Save you time
- Save you money
- Be easy to use
- Be accessible anytime from anywhere
- Let you manage your operations without buying servers and installing software
- Secure and backup your data
Configurability is at the heart of the Compliantia platform. Configurability means you have the ability to manage every aspect of your service and workflow. It means you are in charge. Of course, we are always available to answer your questions. We provide support by phone (toll-free) and email and have a feedback mechanism built into the application. But managing critical parts of your business shouldn't require an intermediary and delays. With Compliantia, you are in charge. Here are some of the ways we make the Compliantia platform configurable:
Build and manage your own formsYou can build forms using an intuitive web-based form builder. The form builder lets you create and update forms, attach best-practice pictures and supporting documentation, define restrictions, export and more. You can also build larger forms in Excel and import them into Compliantia. You can have as many forms as you want at any given time, each with its own effective date (which can be immediate), expiry date and any applicable restrictions.
Import and manage your own stores and usersYou can add, update and inactivate locations and users using the web interface. You can also create the store and user list in Excel and upload it to Compliantia. Changes are applied immediately.
Create your own workflowsYou can control and tune most aspects of the service and create your own workflows. Control who gets notifications, who sees audits, whether action plans are needed and whether sign-offs are required.
One-day setupCompliantia is a real-time platform that works as fast as you do. Our technology allows us to create your branded account in just minutes. It allows us, or your own administrator, to upload a store and user list, create forms and brand-specific workflows just as fast. The interface is intuitive, web-based and works in real-time. We understand that launching a retail audit program is more involved than just setting up a software service. Determining what goes on the form, putting organizational processes in place and training staff are all critical to the success of the program. We call this stage "calibration" and it can take weeks to complete in a large organization. When you are ready, our technology and consultants will help you get up and running quickly. How quickly? You will be up and running with Compliantia in one day.
- Wireless, 350 stores
- Brand name fashion, accessories and home decor, Florida, 260 stores
- Convenience and gas distribution, Georgia, 230 stores
- Neighborhood supermarkets & pharmacies, North Carolina, 226 stores
- Jewelry, Texas, 110 stores
- Food service, 53 restaurants
- Furniture, Florida, 27 stores
- Food service, 378 cafés
- Shipping and copy, 367 centres
- Mobility and game rental, Québec, 172 stores
- Convenience and gas distribution, 600 stores
- Pharmacy retail, 450 pharmacies
- Food service, 24 cafés
Europe and Middle East
- Florists, 370 franchisees
- Food service, 18 European countries and middle east, 250 restaurants
- Quick service restaurants, France, 180 restaurants
- Car rental, France, 110 agencies
- Car rental, France, 90 agencies
- Lingerie, France, 60 stores
- Chocolate, France, 60 stores
- Travel, France, 50 agencies
- Japanese dine-in and sushi delivery, France
- Home building, France, 29 agencies
Multi-unit retailersFood and beverage services, hospitality, consumer electronics, petroleum and convenience, apparel and specialty items, furniture, entertainment, fitness, mobile communication, supermarkets, warehouses, drugstores and pharmacies.
- Merchandising, seasonal programs and promotions
- Products and preparation
- Service and speed of service
- Back of the store and inventory
- Health and safety
- Security, cash handling and loss prevention
- Store maintenance and repair
Consumer packaged goods and wholesalersManufacturers and wholesalers of consumer packaged goods.
- In-store merchandising, seasonal programs and promotions
- Planogram compliance (out of stock, wrong number of facings)
- Price checks
Facility operatorsFacility management, maintenance, repair and construction.
- Health and safety
- Fire prevention
- Regulatory compliance
- Facility maintenance and repair
6,700,000Number of store standards audited with Compliantia
322,000Number of substandard or non-compliant issues and problem areas assigned to an action plan using Compliantia
23,000Number of retail professionals in our moderated LinkedIn group District Managers and Retail Operations
10,000Number of stores (per customer) supported by Compliantia, out of the box. Create and maintain every store and every user account with a single file upload.
5,000Number of stores worldwide where Compliantia is used
40%Percentage of users using Compliantia on a smartphone or tablet. Compliantia works in real-time as well as offline and supports iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Microsoft Windows and Apple OS.
30Length of the free trial, in days. Try it with your forms, users and stores, in the field.
25Number of reports available in Compliantia, out of the box. All reports are real-time and automatically filtered according to each users permissions and store-affiliations. Reports include best and worst items, sections, stores and users. Reports also include trends, repeat unacceptables and store vs district/national average. All exports can be filtered, sorted and exported to Excel and PDF.
21Number of countries where Compliantia is used (United States, Canada, Europe and Australia)
$0Amount Compliantia customers need to spend on hardware, software and maintenance. Compliantia is cloud-based, hosted and secure.
Welcome to our office.Our office is:
- Located (Address Map) in the heart of downtown Toronto. You can take transit, cycle, walk or drive to it.
- Built around the user, like our software.
- A place of inspiration, collaboration and execution.
- Bright and open. It nurtures spontaneous communication, team spirit and rapid responses.
- A great place to work...and be.